With more than 2 million users worldwide, WhatsApp is a popular means of both private and business communication for a reason. It saves you a lot of time and allows you to share different types of files. You can also make quick decisions and make immediate arrangements wherever you are.
Now you can also notify any WhatsApp user where you are in real-time, and it will only take you a few seconds.
Let us now find out how you can do it.
Table Of Contents
Send Location on an iPhone
If you want to use this feature on your phone, you need to allow WhatsApp to access your location.
- Enable WhatsApp access to your location. Go to Settings >> WhatsApp >> Location >> While Using the App.
- Open WhatsApp. Click the Chat tab.
- Tap the conversation that you want to send your location to.
If you want to send your location to a new contact, do the following after the steps above:
- Look for the New Message icon. You will find it on the Chat page top-right corner.
- Click the “+” symbol button in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Tap the Location option when you see a pop-up menu and hit on Send Your Location.
Send Location on Android
The steps to take on an Android device differ from those on Android.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Click on Chats in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the conversation where you would like to share your location.
If it is a new contact that you want to share your location with or don’t have any existing conversation with them, look for the New Message icon. You will find it in the bottom-right corner of the Chat page. Then do the following:
- Start a new conversation.
- Tap the paperclip icon in the bottom left corner of the screen once the conversation opens.
- Select Send Your Current Location when you see the Location option among options like Document, Audio, Contact.
Sharing your active location in real-time is fast and convenient. It helps people know where you are and find you quickly when you need them to.
You can now send your GPS details to a business partner coming to a meeting venue. Similarly, this option will make it super easy for your friends and family to find you when you ask them for a lift.
With this detailed guide, you’re ready to share your location with anyone in a few clicks.